Costa Mesa, CA, July 31, 2015 —QSC, a leading manufacturer of digital signal processing, networked signal transport, audio/video control systems, power amplifiers, and loudspeaker products for nearly five decades, is honored to announce it has received a “2015 InfoComm Best of Show Award” for its
Q-SYS™ Core 110f Appliance from New Bay Media publication Sound & Video Contractor.
Q-SYS Core 110f was selected from a large number of entries following a comprehensive testing and review by Sound & Video Contractor judges on the floor at InfoComm 2015. The judges included industry experts, AV designers, integrators, and end users. The judging panel noted the combination of innovative analog Flex I/O channels (out of its 24 I/O+ USB in total) and 16×16 GPIO ports as making Q-SYS Core 110f Appliance a very versatile unit for its market space.
“We appreciate being recognized by this respected panel of judges,” said Joe Pham, QSC CEO. “The launch of Q-SYS Core 110f at InfoComm marks the first of many in QSC’s product development pipeline aimed at the Corporate AV market, all following the same commitment to providing a native system solution for the IT industry.”
Q-SYS Core 110f is inherently IT in concept and execution. Q-SYS is a software-based platform, developed to employ standard layer 3 protocols for seamless audio transport and control, as well as easily integrate with IT systems such as LDAP, SNMP, and SIP soft phones. The result is easier acceptance by IT teams, better opportunities for AV integrators, and a seamless collaboration experience for meeting participants whose focus should be on their business, not the technology.
Q-SYS Core 110f DSP Appliance features:
- Software-based implementation of DSP: Delivers more processing power, giving integrators the flexibility to add AEC channels without additional hardware.
- Class leading I/O: Q-SYS Core 110f has 24 I/O + USB, POTS and VoIP simultaneously in a single rack space and one SKU, offering the best cost to I/O ratio in a single chassis product available on the market from any manufacturer.
- 8 Flex Channels: Nearly all the flexibility of a card based DSP solution without the hassle of multiple SKU’s and custom ordering.
- True IT Integration: Q-SYS Core 110f provides more than just networked audio integration and is not just another hardware DSP. Q-SYS is primarily a software platform that allows it to offer greater functionality such as LDAP contact server integration, SNMP monitoring, SIP Soft Phones, and software based routable AEC implementation; it truly is a next-generation AV/IT product that is free of the fixed hardware limitations seen in competing products.
- Suite of software based conferencing technology applications: Including third-generation AEC, multiple-instance SIP Softphones, Gain Sharing and Gating Auto-mixers that span the entire family of Q-SYS Cores.
Q-SYS Core 110f DSP Appliance is the latest embodiment of the innovative, practical solutions that come from the QSC engineering team. It’s not surprising, considering the team includes VP of Systems Strategy, Rich Zwiebel, and Director of Systems R&D, John Britton, both of whom were responsible for the development of the first configurable DSP platform in the early 1990’s. Zwiebel says, “The QSC design approach has always been software-driven because it allows a level of flexibility and power that can’t be achieved with a hardware mentality.” Today’s QSC has merged the DSP legacy with its IT and corporate AV expertise, moving QSC in an exciting direction beyond the status quo. There is always a better solution, and Q-SYS Core 100f Appliance is just one example of how QSC is inspiring the AV industry to rethink corporate AV.